Red Mullets with Asparagus
ready in: 30 min
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PEOPLE
- 8 red mullets
- 1.5 oz asparagus
- 1 tsp saffron powder
- Vegetables for fish broth: celery, carrots, spring onion, garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Make 16 filets out of the red mullets. Use the head and bones to make fish broth. Simmer the coarsely chopped vegetables in a steel pan, add the red mullet scraps and cook. Cover with cold water. Let the ingredients cook until the liquid is reduced to one third of its original volume. Filter the broth and set aside.
- In the meantime, peel the asparagus, cut them in half lengthwise, and cook for 5 minutes in a nonstick pan with olive oil, salt and pepper. Once cooked, add a large spoonful of broth. When the vegetables are still firm, set them aside in a bowl.
- Use the same nonstick pan (wiped with paper towels and hot water) to cook the mullet on the skin side so that it becomes crispy.
- Add saffron to the filtered broth and adjust with salt. Place it in the same pan and allow to thicken.
- Place the mullet and the asparagus on a dish and pour the thick broth on top.